mgs

Machine shop in Tampa/Brandon area

To: "triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Machine shop in Tampa/Brandon area
From: "Peter Ryner" <pryner@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 18:44:31 -0400
Hi all,
I'm about ready to start into rebuilding my MG engine and am looking for a
good machine shop in the Tampa/Brandon area.  I don't need much work at this
point, just a thorough cleaning, polish the crank and check the head for
cracks.  My initial measurements show that that no cutting will be
necessary.  I found no cracks in the head under a lighted magnifing glass,
but I guess that doesn't mean much on an MG head.  According to the PO the
motor was recently rebuilt but it appears that not everything was done.
There was a fair amount of carbon in the head and the guides look original.
I may need to have new cam bearings installed too.  Not being familiar with
MG engines, will they need to be line bored or just have new ones installed?
TIA for all the help.
Pete