mgs

Re: L(arge)BCs and security

To: h.duinhoven@planet.nl
Subject: Re: L(arge)BCs and security
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 15:00:05 -0400
Hans,
  This week's  The Economist, cover date May 14-20th, www.economist.com
has a three-page article on bio-fuels, maize ethanol, peanut oil,
rapeseed oil, soya oil, sugar-cane ethanol, and various mixes for sale in
USA, Canada, Germany and Austria.
    Some of the blends mentioned:  E10, 10% ethanol 90% gasoline;  E85,
85% ethanol 15% gasoline, B2 , 2% bio-oil 98% diesel, B5, 5% bio-oil 95%
diesel.
    It mentions that removal of the sulphur from diesel makes it less
slippery, to the detriment of injectors, but the addition of bio-oils
makes it more slippery.

(snip)