mgs

Re: MGB heater box renovation

To: MGS-List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGB heater box renovation
From: James Harwood <james.harwood@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 20:38:05 -0800 (PST)
Hi Barrie,
Thanks for all the helpful advice regarding the MGB
heater box. Luckily my '74 CBB seems to already have
the elongated slot in the firewall for the cable
descibed on Barney's web page.

Good idea to use closed cell foam for the flap gasket,
although I think 1/8" thick would work better. At
least the material doesn't have to withstand overly
high temperatures coming from the MGB heater :) Having
said that, I did get the uprated heater matrix and fan
motor from MGOC.

Cheers,
  James

--- Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca> wrote:

> James,
>
> Welcome to the world of The Heater Insanities.
> Barney Gaylod's Chigaco web
> site has some info including my slight modification
> that helps somewhat.

<SNIP>