mgs

Re: Roundabouts

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Roundabouts
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 23:01:54 -0800
Max Heim wrote:

> The scariest "roundabout" I have ever experienced is the Place de la Concord
> in Paris. There must be four or five lanes, but don't count on the Parisians
> paying any attention to the striping...
>
> Crossing on foot is not for the timid, either.

Is that the one around the Arc de Triomphe? The first time I was around
that, it was in a big English Tour Bus with the driver, Keith Coope, on
the right and me in the left front seat. Those little French cars were
scattering like ducks and the drivers were all looking at me with terror
and hatred, thinking I was driving it.   ;)

I was told that when the rules were made about who yields to whom in
France, they exempted that roundabout from all the rules. They said that
rules there would cramp the "Gallic Spirit."

-Rock    http://www.rocky-frisco.com
--
Rocky Frisco's LIBERTY website: http://www.liberty-in-our-time.com/
The World's Best Daily News Service: http://www.rationalreview.com/