mgs

Re: chrome wheel crud

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>, <jandr95@starband.net>
Subject: Re: chrome wheel crud
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 09:58:51 +0100
Same here with both my cars.  The pad dust from the heavier braking on the
front is always greater than the road dust on the rears, although I think
with Greenstuff pads this is much reduced.  Even with 'ordinary' pads they
vary, with one set the dust used to mix with water from wet roads and bake
on in the heat of braking making it really hard work to remove.

I *never* use chrome cleaner on chrome unless I really have to.  An yes, you
could have a defective wheel.

PaulH.