mgs

Re: MGB gauge faces: A Moss opportunity?

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGB gauge faces: A Moss opportunity?
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 09:10:22 -0800
Heck, do it yourself. I've refaced clocks by creating the art on my Mac and
outputting to lino paper at a service bureau, and this would be no
different. Note that you will need a precision vector drawing program, not a
"paint" program. Scanning the old face as a template will give you the
critical calibration points. Color can be added with paint or adhesive
overlays (I don't recommend inkjet printing because of sun fading).

Of course, I don't know why anyone would want white-faced gauges anyway.
They're a fad, IMO, and one that reduces night vision by reflecting more
light into the eyes of the driver, without a commensurate increase in the
amount of information displayed.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149