mgs

Re: Stupid fulcrum locking pin (final solution)

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stupid fulcrum locking pin (final solution)
From: "Chuck Renner" <crenner@dynalivery.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 22:49:43 -0500
> The locking pins had bonded with the king pins.  I cut lengthwise down
either side of them.  Even with have the pins half exposed, they still
wouldn't budge with a punch and five pound shop hammer.  I cut them
completely out and then cut up the king pin enough to knock it off the
fulcrum pin.

> Rather satisfying.

In my case, one of the lower bolts was stuck.  Wouldn't budge.  Impact
wrench was laughed at.  Using a socket and cheater bar, managed to twist the
head off.  Ended up taking it a local frame shop who pressed it out for me.
All that surface area that's seized makes for a pretty strong bond.