mgs

Looking for a transmission spring...

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Looking for a transmission spring...
From: "F. J. MacFarlane" <n5bgy@flash.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 22:41:22 -0500
Another request for info...anyone know the dimensions and/or a place to get
the little spring that goes under the 1967 (3-synchro) MGB transmission
mainshaft (3rd motion shaft) front thrust washer retainer peg?  I thought I
stashed it in the ziplock bag with the peg and the shifter balls and springs
upon dissasembly many weeks ago, but it's not there.  A thorough search of
the garage floor yielded nothing but furballs and wire brush
sheddings...Moss et. al. do not have it, and although I suspect I can find
something locally (it's just a little coiled steel spring after all, can't
be that hard to find), going forearmed would be appreciated.  Worst case I
can estimate the dimensions and do a little cut-and-try.

I'm getting close...this is the last major step before mating the grbx and
engine, then installing the drivetrain and ACTUALLY DRIVING MY MGB!!!  so I
hope I can get it done this weekend.

Thanks in advance.

F. J. (Lane) MacFarlane
Houston, TX

1967 MGB, red, shiny, forlorn, awaiting its drivetrain in a garage in Texas
1982 Plymouth Turismo 2.2 L 99 kmi (driven by a teenager now, heaven help
the clutch!)
1985 Plymouth Voyager 2.6 L 146 kmi (the rust-coloured Energizer bunny van,
it just keeps going...)
1994 Plymouth Voyager 3.3 L 125 kmi (the family chariot )
unapologetic PO 1967 English Ford Anglia 123E (RIP)