mgs

Re: Creaking and leaning MGB

To: mg-dennis@mindspring.com
Subject: Re: Creaking and leaning MGB
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 08:43:25 -0400
Dennis,
   Lowered springs are neat. I have friends who use them and who are
delighted with the car handling and appearance.  They seem to have
shorter life on their exhaust systems than my (now) standard-height GT.
  Replacing the old, tired, one-broken leaf, springs in my GT with new,
standard leaf springs from Moss was the right thing for me to do.  Once
installed, the increased height at the rear revealed that the front coils
had sagged over 23 years. I installed new coils, from Moss, and rebuilt
the swivel pin assy at the same time.
   For my use, returning the car to OEM ride height was the right thing
to do. I am pleased with the improvement in handling and comfort.
Bob
'72 GT