mgs

Re: Did I buy a stolen vehicle?

To: "Tim L. Creger" <timlc@agr.state.ne.us>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Did I buy a stolen vehicle?
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 16:25:26 -0000
BMIHT can tell you what the *original* engine number was, plus other
information, if you give them the chassis number.  Details at
http://www.heritage.org.uk/archive/trace%20certificate.htm

The number on the left door post, if it were an MGB, would also be the
chassis number on a printed and stamped plate, I'd be surprised if the
Midget were different.  The body number is usually just a number on a
body-coloured strip.