mgs

Re: Rigidity

To: doddk@mossmotors.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rigidity
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 15:34:37 EDT
In a message dated 19/09/01 11:24:44 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
doddk@mossmotors.com writes:

>     Thanks Bill for the vote of confidence.  If you have quite finished
> slagging my car.  : )

It's like trout rising to a fly - you just know they'll take the bait ;-)

All of the early latches INCLUDING the MGA are subject to opening with even a
bit of extra flexing, as I found out when first racing my car.

Picture me entering braking zone of hairpin trun, nailing brakes, having
passenger door open wide (no doubt causing some consternation to following
cars).

Picture me apparently with three hands, one steering, one shifting, and one
holding the damned door closed, as I reach across the cockpit in the middle
of a tough turn.

Picture me installing back-up rubber coach straps (the type you guys at Moss
used to sell to hold down Bugeye bonnets - maybe you still do) on each door
before next race........

Bill

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list