mgs

RE: Caliper rebuilding

To: <Ajhsys@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Caliper rebuilding
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2001 20:07:24 -0600
><< but I don't know the half-life of nitrile rubber.

Nitrile rubber? Come on.  the "standard" o-ring is made out of 18 different
compounds.
Hmm.  Do you know which one is impervious to brake fluid?  Did you know the
machined surface
in the front caliper is not machined for an o-ring?

Yes, you can get the proper seal, but it's not an o-ring, and it is not made of
Nitrile.

There is nothing wrong with splitting calipers, but you better know what your
doing.  Buy
the proper sealing ring, and the proper bolts ... if you can find the bolts.

On that subject can anyone suggest a source of the "proper" bolt to hold the
halves
together?

>A word of warning here - If you are not sure of what you are doing with brake
>work, send your calipers out to a reliable rebuilder like White Post
>Restorations.  Even if your car doesn't go real fast, you want it to stop!!!

There's the best piece of information.

Larry Hoy
Plan on attending the 49th Annual Glenwood Rallye
http://mgcc.org/glenwood2001/main.htm

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list