mgs

Re: What makes a car? What makes an MGC?

To: Chris Thompson <ct@cthompson.com>,
Subject: Re: What makes a car? What makes an MGC?
From: Jon <a77mgb@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 11:12:02 -0800 (PST)
> > Where to find out about the heritage bodies?
>
> I read about heritage shells in Lindsay Porter's
> excellent "Restoring MGBs"
> book. Also, I got ahold of the british MG Magazine,
> which is chock full of
> garages advertising "Heritage Shell Councours
> Restorations" Concours doesnt
> really interest me, but the thought of a from
> scratch shell that's as good
> or better than the original, and 100% solid
> intrigues me.

Me too, especially after seeing this:

http://members.home.net/bmack99/paneldoctor/demo/fsr/fsr4.htm

Egads! I hope mine looks better in there when I wack
it open to go over the body.... if anything I think
mine looks worst than that on the outside. Life in the
rustbelt. Bodies are easy, like word processors, just
cut and paste, cut and paste, cut and paste, cut and
paste, cut and paste, cut and paste...

jon

=====
77 MGB "Christine" slowly, but surely healing

58 Willys CJ-3B, the Killer-B

The saddest thing in the world is watching your father turn into your son. The
hardest thing in the world is to take care of him as well as he took care of
you. Love you parents while they're still healthy. - Jon Paulsen