mgs

Re: MGB Tube Shocks

To: ptegler@gouldfo.com, gb@the-bdc.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB Tube Shocks
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 20:24:42 EDT
In a message dated 00-10-05 13:26:45 EDT, ptegler@gouldfo.com writes:

<< Historically... the beauty of the tube shock conversion is nothing
 more than $$ cost. >>

Wait just a minute.  I can't believe all of your pro-lever shock people like
having the rear end do those neat little hops and skips when hitting bumps in
corners.   And don't tell me that was the effect of old, tired levers.  Oh,
no.  I have clear memories of being amazed by that little tap dance when my
'68 GT was brand new, and my roadster did the same thing when I bought it
several years ago.  Further, I remember other listers commenting on the same
problem several years ago when I decided to do my rear end.  And guess what?
The darn thing hasn't hopped around a corner once since it got the tubes.
Firm ride, you bet!  But I also find that with two people and a full tank on
a hot day, it rides just fine, thank you very much, instead of wallowing all
over the road.  But maybe that's some of the charm I can't appreciate.
Now my GT came with a lowered front end springs and tubes all around.  Can't
say I'm thrilled by the damping action on the front, but the darn thing does
stay glued to the road.
Jay Donoghue
72B
72B-GT