mgs

Re: Dual SU's

To: Aaron Whiteman <aaronw@wsu.edu>
Subject: Re: Dual SU's
From: Bill Saidel <saidel@crab.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 12:05:36 -0400
During the last few months, I replaced the 'damn' ZS on my '76B with dual
SU's for $300 which I later found out is a tad high but I won't and didn't
argue (ignorance BUT am happy with the setup), I got a pair of HIF's,
eventually, the linkages between them, the manifold (which you'll have to
change) AND the header pipe (which you'll have to change).  Truth be told,
I changed the carbs and after some fiddling and help, mostly due to my
ignorance at the time, they work fine. The wife says the car sounds better
than it has in the 2 years I've owned it.

BUT

My local MG place would have sold me a pair of rebuilt HIF's for under $125
(not including the manifold and header pipe, etc.)

I think if you are not in a hurry, you can consult with the mercantile
members of our list and do much better.  Besides you will be supporting one
essential part of our list.

Bill