mgs

Re: Exhaust pipe length / diameter

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Exhaust pipe length / diameter
From: "Jerry Causey" <jcausey@whidbey.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 19:29:18 -0800
In his "Competition Preparation Manual" (still available from Moss, I
think), Joe Hufffaker stated that with the factory competition
header, which I presume was a long center branch system, one
should use a 1 7/8" OD exhaust pipe, terminating in a megaphone
at the rear of the car. It should measure exactly 8' 3" from the
junction point of the two down pipes on the header to the end of the
megaphone. This is for a fully prepped SCCA race engine, so I'm
not too sure if this would apply to a streetable engine.

Regards,
Jerry