mgs

Re: painted bumper

To: mgrepairs@yahoo.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: painted bumper
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 12:51:44 EST
In a message dated 3/23/00 9:28:42 PM Eastern Standard Time,
mgrepairs@yahoo.com writes:

<< My '77 B had some holes in the bumper when I acquired
 it.  I left it at a body shop to take care of several
 unrelated issues.  When I came back I found the holes
 repaired and both bumpers painted a nice semi-black.
 They looked good for awhile, but not in the long haul.
  Spilled gas does not help.  Nor does any light bumper
 tapping.

 My vote is for no paint.  Just keep them polished.

 Anyone with suggestions for polish? >>

I use Meguiars Vinyl and Rubber Protectant.  Works great.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport