mgs

Squealing Brakes

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Squealing Brakes
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@apphosting.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 14:58:41 +1100
Hi all,

Slight problem popped up with the A. Driving along on some roads, I get a
high pitched, but not loud, squeal from what seems like the brakes. The
brakes aren't engaged, and it appears like the sound is from the rear. If I
touch the brake pedal the noise stops. I've had this problem on my 626
before. Can anyone recommend what to look at? The brakes are brand new front
and rear, pads and rotors, and I've put hmm 1000mls on them. Only thing
original is the calipers and pistons, wheel cylinders & drums. New wheels
bearings all round.

Apart from that, I changed needles last night from a #6 to a #7 and wow,
what a difference. A lot more power down low, and no small flat spots or
periods of hesitancy, altogether more pleasant to drive. I have K&N filters
and a ported head now. I didn't find it necessary to swap needles with just
the K&N's, but now with the ported head, the change to a richer needle has
really been worth it.

Cheers,
Neil.