mgs

Need a warm spot for a clutch change

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Need a warm spot for a clutch change
From: Rick Huber <rickhuber1@home.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 14:29:28 -0500
Hi all,

So now I'm up here in New Jersey and don't know too many people.  I'm in
the Cherry Hill area and need a warm, indoor spot to swap out the clutch
in my 75 V8 B.  I've pulled the engine twice with my son during the
conversion, so I believe I can do it myself in one day.  Well, it
wouldn't be bad to have a helping hand around when trying to pull out
and put back in the engine. I'm targeting late Jan / early Feb.

Does anybody know of a place here in the Philly area where I might team
up with somebody that has either a service bay and engine hoist/lift I
can rent for a day, or even a relatively large, warm garage.  My garage
is too small and cold for an all day engine swap job.  I can rent a
hoist separately if I can find a spot, and I can limp the car 20 or 30
miles if I need to.

Seems like there was a guy on the list in Haddon Township that had an MG
business, or maybe just a lot of MGs and parts. If you know him, or some
other person in the area, please let me know.  Thanks.

Safety Faster with a V8,

Rick Huber
75 V8 B
65 B undergoing lengthy restoration