mgs

RE: Imported British Autos

To: <owner-mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Imported British Autos
From: "Tom Speed" <tspeed@carolina.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 14:09:11 -0500
Simca.................

I was unlucky enough to have my Dad buy me a 4-door, 1966 black one. Four
cylinder, 4-speed, rear wheel drive. Styling?...it looked the same coming
and going. Power?...forget it! Handling?...I ended up rolling it on to it's
roof my senior year. I should have seen it coming. Dad drove a '64 Rambler
Station wagon and my mom a '62 Studebaker Lark. That was 1968 and I was 17
yrs old. Scarred me for life. Haven't been able to have a decent automobile
relationship since. All I have had is a series of love/hate or love 'em and
leave 'em affairs. Around 1971, I went off the deep end a got into
mainlining the really hard core stuff. I found a lonely '66 "B" in a barn
outside Lexington, Kentucky. She had been stripped naked for paint, painted
and her former lover lost interest and abandoned her there. I young and
vulnerable, she was alluring and sensual.  It has been one right after
another since them. The stories I could tell you...
New to the list...hopefully I got this right

Tom Speed
Charlotte, North Carolina
'76 Midget(project car for my son)
Ghosts of dozens of British sports cars