mgs

Re: mounting intake&exhaust manifolds - a question

To: Bill Saidel <saidel@crab.rutgers.edu>
Subject: Re: mounting intake&exhaust manifolds - a question
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 22:07:26 -0700
Bill,

   I have the same situation on my 77B converted to HS4's with an intake
manifold that has the rear fitting
for the power brake servo vacuum.  The difference in the flange thicknesses is
just about 1/8".  My solution
was to take some large pattern flat washers and grind off one side almost to
the center hole, creating sort of
a 'D' washer.  I slip these over the intake manifold side of the studs until
the surface is at about the same
height as the exhaust manifold.  Then I slip on the regular thick washer and
tighten down the nut.  Works for
me but YMMV.

Bud Krueger
52TD