mgs

Re: Racing Screens

To: "Baker, G." <gbaker@customcpu.com>
Subject: Re: Racing Screens
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 01:20:48 -0400
"Baker, G." wrote:

> Ya'll,
>   Does anyone out there have a picture of a MGA or B with racing
> screens.

  I sold my B, but I still have some pics at:

http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/mgb/

> Do they protect very well from
> the wind or are they just aesthetics?

  The protect you as long as there is no crosswind. As soon
as there is a crosswind, you are right in the breeze.

  On corners, you get breezy, but corners are generally
slow and not long so they are cool.

  As well, anybody tall might not get benefit out of them. I'm
short and my seat paddings are worn, so I was right in
the cocoon of still air.

> Are there any laws anyone is
> aware of regarding windshields?

  I drove mine fairly freely and was never pulled over,
here in Ottawa, Canada.

  I heard a rumour that any windshield you have has
to be serviced by a wiper. So my "plan" was to pull
them off if confronted, and drive without them, which
I was told was legal. However, this may be a wives
tale.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca