mgs

MGB Rear Hub

To: "MGs List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGB Rear Hub
From: "David F. Darby" <darby@tri-lakes.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 16:39:29 -0500
Hello:

What is the preferred method for removing the rear hub nut on a wire-wheeled
tube axle MGB? The nut appears to be 1-5/16", but  the O.D. of my 3/4" drive
x 1-5/16" socket won't fit into the recessed hub. The parts house doesn't
have a listing for a 1/2" drive x 1-5/16" socket. I don't like the idea of
attacking it with a drift and hammer through the keyhole.

The factory had a specialized tool, of course, but I can't imagine any of
those being in circulation. I suppose I could have the machine shop turn
down my 3/4" drive socket...

David F. Darby
http://www.mgb.bc.ca/mgz/