mgs

Final Stainless & others.

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Final Stainless & others.
From: jon.arikstad@merkantildata.no
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 14:59:25 +0200
First, sorry friends.
I spend so much of my (very limited) brain capacity figuring out what to
write, then translate to English, that I sometimes    don't get all info in
the mail.
The best way (?) to check an exhaust leak, is to press a shoe to the output,
stopping air from getting out of the exhaust. If the engine dies, no/very
little leak. Also very easy 'with a little help from my friends' to hear
where the leak is.
My engine stopped. Be careful, exhaust is hot !!! And the gas is dirty. And
I had white trousers !

The rear part of the exhaust, barely touching a nut on the rear suspension,
will be fixed when I receive the new springs, dampers, and all rubber&bolts
for the rear suspension. In worst case as it is, I can file of very little
of the nut.

The front muffler sometimes hits the floor. Two reasons, I hope. One, when I
tried to fix what I thought was a leak, I losened the whole system. If I
loosen it again, then press down when I tighten, I hopefully will be able to
move the system down 1/10 of a centimeter. Two, since I removed seats,
carpets and damping material from the floor. It is possible that I have bent
the floor. he metal is very thin, and I have been sitting on it, having a
coffe and a cigarette.

Spottet a beautifull Austin Healy 3000 in the garage at the office !
I have ordered parts from MGOC. Picked up the box yesterday. Christmas time
!!!! Springs, new dampers!! seat foam !!
inertia seat belts !! +++
Then
I realized that it was shipped in two boxes, I HAVE ONLY RECEIVED ONE !!
MGOC are now checking, but i want my 'presents' now!!! ( Sob, sob)

Comments from a new&young sales representative:
Him: I see that your car has the same as Christians car ? ( Christian has a
MG-F)
ME: Yes ?
Him: But your car is old, how old is it?
Me: It's a 1970

Him:
Ohh, is the MG company THAT old.......

Jon Arikstad, suddenly feeling old at 44
Very old 1970 MGB GT Almost daily use