mgs

Speedo Palsy Cure

To: "MG mail list" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Speedo Palsy Cure
From: "Dean Crowley" <dcdccccckc@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 22:28:22 -0600

My speedo palsy seems to of been a broken plastic gear inside that runs off
the worm gear over to an offset lever that moves another gear one tooth
each revolution, causing one tenth of a mile to rack up. anyway took the
gear off and put it back in the car. Works fine. Odometer is not working
till I buy a new gear somewhere. I also put a small piece of wire between
the worm gear and magnet as described in A Antics. Not sure really which
action really fixed it but I think it was the gear. Each time it came
around to where it was split it would get alot of resistance as the gear
would split open and then back as it past the worm gear. This all is a
really easy procedure and recommend you not be afraid to attempt it.
Dean E. Crowley