mgs

Re: Jingoism at its best

To: Phil Raby <mgworld@chp.ltd.uk>
Subject: Re: Jingoism at its best
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 18:21:39 -0500
Phil Raby wrote:

> On 16/2/98 9:04 am mgs-owner@autox.team.net said
>
> >I remember this event.  We wondered the same thing.  However, as the world
> >series is held in the Fall of the year, maybe they thought a falling
> >maple leaf was more appropriate :-)
>
> Umm, a 'World series' for a game that most of the world knows nothing
> about? ;-)

  Well, don't worry. They don't consider it as important as
their "World Champion Denver Broncos" who won this distinction
by beating a few other american based teams.

  If anyone needs me, I'll be in my "World Champion" garage working
on my "World Champion MGB", having noticed that both my garage
space and my MGB are the best ones in this building.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada