mgs

voltmeter and ammeter in 1966 MGB

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: voltmeter and ammeter in 1966 MGB
From: Dirk de Boer <deboer@duke.usask.ca>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 11:52:48 -0600
After frying yet another generator and getting stuck with a drained battery
in the middle of nowhere last May I want to install a voltmeter and an
ammeter in my 1966 MGB. It won't prevent the generator from dying, but
it'll serve as an early warning system. Of course one can also use the fact
that the turn signals or the horn do not work anymore as indicators of a
charging problem, but by then it's usually too late. I've put a ammeter in
my 1974 Volvo and I have found it's very useful. It will for example
indicate when the charging rate is lower than usual, which in my case
proved to be a slipping belt.

Does anybody know a North American supplier of Smiths voltmeters and
ammeters? I really don't want a generic brand gauge in the MG.

Dirk de Boer
1966 MGB
Thanks for your interest in our graduate program.

Dirk de Boer
Graduate Chair
Department of Geography
University of Saskatchewan