mgs

Question - how does an MGB 1800 fit in an MGA

To: MG mail list <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Question - how does an MGB 1800 fit in an MGA
From: Mike Cousins <mike.cousins@wsnelson.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 1997 11:48:09 -0600
I've seen several ads in Hemmings for MGA's with MGB 1800cc engines in
them.  I have an MGB that I'm doing a V8 swap in and I just recently got
an MGA.  I want to put my 1800 MGB engine in the MGA, but I do not know
if it just bolts right up or not.  Are there any  modifications or
special parts (motor & tranny mounts) required ???  If so, where can I
get the parts ?  Also, does the MGB 1800 bolt up to the MGA tranny (I'm
very new to MGA's).

Thanks

Michael J. Cousins III
Civil Engineering Department