mgs

WERACE Spridget telescopic shocks

To: MG list <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: WERACE Spridget telescopic shocks
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 1997 11:07:50 -0700 (PDT)
It's a beautiful sunny day in Seattle and I am sitting in front of the
flicker box.  Well, not much longer, I hear a calling from the garage
"Take my top down!"

Here is my problem:
I am sick of my Apple Hydraulics rebuilt lever shocks, since only one is
still working.  The one I got replaced under warranty lasted a couple of
weeks.  I want to go with lever shocks front and rear, but refuse to spend
the outrageous amounts of money that Spax conversions cost.
The cheapest way seems to be the conversions from JC Whitney, front $120,
rear $80 with cheap Gabriel shocks, with the rear ones being too long
(Thanks Rich Wagner).
(BTW, the newest JCW catalog doesn't list these anymore, did they
discontinue them?)
The kits are made by Werace in Oregon who supposedly sells the kits with
better shocks.  Just like it says in the Monster List, these guys are hard
to get a hold of.  I managed to get someone on the phone who promised to
send me info, I left another phone message reminder, but nothing has
happened yet.
In the meantime, does anyone have experiences with these kits (ever on a
B) or could tell me how much they charge for kits with better shocks?

Thanks,

                                                           '67 Sprite