mgs

Re: Does the world need another post abo

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Does the world need another post abo
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 14:40:49 -0500
karim.marouf@cancom.com wrote:

> Bob writes...
>
>   And I've had a kid say, when looking at tthe GT, say "Isn't that a
> Volkswagen?"
>
> Same thing happened to me. While at a gas station with my '67 GT, a guy in a
> brand-new VW Jetta says, "Nice car. Is it an old VW?" I guess people confuse
> B-GTs with the old VW notchbacks.
>
> Karim

Gotcha both beat. The C/GT was in a parade this last spring. In the span of 1/2
hour I overheard:

"Say, look at that! Its not every day you see a Maserati."

"Boy, have you ever seen an uglier car!"

Sigh.

BTW: As a Club function, you really ought to see if you can get your cars to
participate in a parade. Most parade organizers love the idea of more
participants. For 'hosting' an event for your Club its a no-brainer. You get the
Marquee out in front of a lot of people and, being in the parade, its the best
seat in the house for girl\b\b\b\b people watching. Cheap thrills!
--
Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '75TR6, '61Elva(?)
"I am an equal-opportunity bigot. I only associate with intelligent people."