mgs

MGB Clutch

To: MGs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MGB Clutch
From: mgb.roadster@juno.com (Larry A Hoy)
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 22:55:39 -0600
I have a strange thing happening and since I'm not quite sure what it is
I thought I would see what the list has to say.

It seems as though my clutch engages slowly, that is, the pedal doesn't
return very quickly (did check the return spring, it is still there).
This appears to be a random event, or at least I have not determined a
pattern.   I do have a very minor leak in the hydraulic hose.  It is so
minor, I only add about one, maybe two ounces of fluid about every 1000
miles.  The clutch, pressure plate, and throw out bearing were all
replaced about 8000 miles ago, and appear to work properly (no slipping,
etc).

So I'm not sure what this may be, any suggestions as to where to start?

Larry Hoy (MGB.Roadster@juno.com)
Denver, CO USA
1969 MGB Roadster
1987 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas