mgs

Grease caps/ front end info

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Grease caps/ front end info
From: Paul Murch <murch@atlas.chem.utah.edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 00:14:02 -0700
Hi all,

I've been working to rebuild the front end of my car (actually I'm
working on a spare).  I have disassembled most of it and sent the cross
member to be powder coated and am getting the A-arms ready.  I have a
problem removing one of the grease caps out of one of the hubs.  On one
side I was able to put a nut on the stud and wrap wire around and pull
it out the second one is more resistant. The stud in the top of the
cap is rotating independantly of the cap and it is really stuck in
there....are there any sugesstions as to how this is best done?

I am also looking for information on where to go to get the kingpins
rebushed etc... and what about negative camber A-arms, I seem to rember
a post about how it would take a body builder to steer with them
installed, is this true?

Paul Murch
66 MGB