mgs

Re: Help: Fitting Grooze jets on SU Carb

Subject: Re: Help: Fitting Grooze jets on SU Carb
From: "White, Richard H." <White@courier3.aero.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 1995 09:49:00 -0700
I recently had this problem on my 67 Sprite. Fuel just keeps coming from the
bowls. I replaced the jets with Grosses and it still did it. The problem was
finally located in the gas tank. It was full of rust, and even with a new
fuel filter, very fine rust dust would play games with the float seats. The
solution was to get that gas tank cleaner/coating kit and added another fuel
filter with the little magnetic trap from JC Whitney. Things are running real
good now, Richard White
REPLY FROM: White, Richard H.