[Mgb-v8] Fwd: Shortened water pump

To: barrie@look.ca
Subject: [Mgb-v8] Fwd: Shortened water pump
From: graytesla@aol.com
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 13:57:41 -0400
Barrie,

First, thanks for the quick response. However, I'm still not sure my question
was understood.

I've looked at the picture of the?modified water pump and?a 3 inch thick
unit?would indeed benefit my application.

As you stated it appears that the body of the water pump has been machined on
its "engine side" and that the protruding nose of the shaft have been machined
off. The water pump pulley mounting flange has been pressed toward the body of
the pump and the overall change offers a considerable savings in length.??

Now for the difficulty.??Since the pulley?mounting flange has been moved toward
the engine and with the pump body itself machined to reduce its overall
thickness, the pulley, when mounted, would be in a different plan than the
crankshaft drive pulley.... unless I'm missing something. Such a misalignment
would induce drive belt flip off.? Can you enlighten me further? I am trainable.

Darius