Fuel Consumption

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Fuel Consumption
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2007 16:21:18 -0400
SORRY- CORRECTION - RAD IS COMING FROM HOWE RACING - OOPS

I said I would report on my next long trip..

I did 517km (320.54 miles) and consumed 45.921 litres of 89 octane
(10% ethanol) stuff.   I did quite a lot of town type traffic and I
would hazard at about 100 km.   Such action showed up the car's
willingness to heat up and my gauge did creep up close to the red
line (Today I am ordering a custom aluminium rad from Ron Davis
Racing with a special 'mounting rails' that will allow me to move the
electric fan to any position to suit - probably let the sticky out
nub poke through between the pulleys.

Results are

8.9 litres per 100 km
31.73 miles per Imperial gallon
26.85 miles per US gallon

Not as good as I had hoped but it does show the drop when one does
those busy city streets !!

Regards
Barrie

Barrie Robinson