FW: Recent Holley Tuning Thread

To: "v8" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: Recent Holley Tuning Thread
From: "James Nazarian" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 20:57:15 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
 ok, sorry this needs some clarification.  I'm talking about the accelerator
pump and the pump cam.

James

I don't think that this went through during the Holley tuning conversation
recently.

What I'm after is an explanation of how cam profiles affect pump function.
They are all composed of an initial ramp, a transition, and a lobe in
varying configurations.  Each feature has something to do with pump
function.  It seems the ramp controls idle tip in, the transition is low rpm
tip in, and the lobe is mid to high rpm tip in.

I know the knowledge has to exist somewhere, and if it does I'd rather use
it than have to reverse engineer the system just to understand which cam to
select.

James Nazarian
71 MGBGT V8
71 MGB Tourer