Valve Train Noise

To: <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Valve Train Noise
From: <trichels@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 17:03:52 -0500
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
What is the normal amount of valve train noise for BOP 215/300 and/or Rover V8
engines?  I have a newly rebuilt 1964 Buick 300 (Aluminum heads) engine and it
seems to have a barely perceptible amount of valve train noise.  I replaced
the rocker assemblies and push rods but it doesn't appear to have made a
difference.  Maybe I'm being too picky but the engine is just not as quiet as
small block Chevys and Fords that I have owned.

Thanks in advance for the replies,

Doug Trichel
Texas