Re: Warning: coolant temp. and cracking in Rover blocks

To: Carl Floyd <cmfloyd@chartertn.net>, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Warning: coolant temp. and cracking in Rover blocks
From: James Jewell <m1garand@speakeasy.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 18:53:11 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Carl,
No mention of the reason behind the delay, but it appears to be worth it. They give some neat tips for improving oil flow and pressure, but no pictures or diagrams of the more complicated mods (in other words, the mods that really NEED diagrams don't have them). They have great full-scale line drawings showing the max material that can be removed for porting all the different British heads, but none for the 300 heads (damn, foiled again). They talk allot about the Buick engines, and go to great lengths to use terms we Colonials will understand, but they make no mention of the Buick 300 heads or crank. Interestingly enough, they mention that a small-block Ford crank can be modified to fit in a Rover block, which opens up a whole world of custom and forged stroker cranks for us Yanks. This is what Wildcat Engineering does on their 6 litre blocks.
Anyhow, a great book all around, despite a few nits.
James J.

Carl Floyd wrote:

About friggin' time! That book has been delayed since before the 2004 V8
meet!

Did they mention what the delay was about? I just checked, I first ordered
that book June 14, 2004.

Sounds like GM's investment casting process was superior even if more
costly.

Carl