Lifter change

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Lifter change
From: Rick1huber@aol.com
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 21:54:45 EDT
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Hi Everybody,
I'm about to dive into my 3.5 Rover V8 in my MGB for the first time since
putting it together 5 years ago.  The ticking lifter continues to get  worse,
time to bite the bullet.  I'm searching around on the web for  procedures, how
to, something, and coming up short.  Seems they didn't make  a workshop manual
for a TR8 ?  I bought a Workshop Manual for a 95 to 03  Land Rover that I
think will work, Amazon is out of the Land  Rover 3.5, 3.9, 4.0, 4.2 and 4.6 V8
Petrol Engine Overhaul Manual.
Any ideas, guidance, tips, either for doing the job or  finding a good set of
directions on the web somewhere?  I'll start taking  things apart tomorrow.
Safety Faster,
Rick