Re: * TR3 V8 Swap *

To: Wayne <wayne@brazinski.com>
Subject: Re: * TR3 V8 Swap *
From: Paul Root <ptroot@iaces.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 08:22:53 -0500
Cc: v8 <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
There was a guy on the mg-mgb yahoo mailing list that said he had a complete V8. I don't remember if it was a Rover or if it was a Buick-Olds. It's not rebuilt.

I asked him, and he said he wanted $500 for it. He's in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area.

Paul.

Wayne wrote:

Hello everyone!
Been lurking for a while.  I have it on some authority that the Rover V8 is
20 inches wide (Valve cover to Valve cover) 26 inches deep, 24 inches long,
and 320 pounds fully dressed.  Tom White, who is also on the list, has a 302
in his TR3, but the Rover seems like an excellent choice based on weight,
and size.  How much would a rebuilt long block cost me, and does anyone know
a good location for finding them?

Thanks!

Wayne

--