Clutch question?

To: mgb-v8 <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Clutch question?
From: "T. S. White" <tswrace@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 08:47:38 -0800
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I have a theory to why my clutch is slipping.  I have the Ford T-10
transmission.  The Howe HTOB I used is designed to work with the Chevy
T-10.  I had the diameter of the snout on my bearing retainer machined
so the HTOB would fit.  However, in my conversations with Howe there was
never any consideration of whether the bearing retainers were the same
thickness from the transmission face to the seat for the HTOB.  Can
anyone comment on whether there is a difference in the thickness between
the Ford and Chevy bearing retainers?  Thanks.
--
        Best Regards,
        Tom