RE: Low oil-pressure cut-off switch

To: m1garand@speakeasy.net, MGB-V8@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Low oil-pressure cut-off switch
From: "Simon Austin" <simon_mgb@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 20:04:36 -0800
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
My Rover 3.5 originally came with a cut-off switch. Unfortunately I can't find an value for when the switch activates but I'd think you're correct in the 10 psi.

Simon

All,
There was some discussion awhile back about trying to find cut-off
switches to disable the ignition if low oil pressure was detected. The
problem, if I recall, was that most of the common switches from Jeggs and
Summit were set for a minimum of 15 psi, which is right where the Rover can
run at a hot idle.
I just noticed that Stewart-Warner makes a whole bunch of oil switches,
with trip settings of 1,2,4,6, 10psi and above. I bet 10 would work well.
Thoughts?
Follow the link for info:
http://www.stewartwarner.com/Catalog/swpres.html