RE: Point of interest!

To: "'mgb-v8'" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Point of interest!
From: "Susan and Jack Brooks" <tr3a@att.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 19:34:00 -0700
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
> For those of us with TR-3 V8s I have found something
> interesting.  I hope you can follow my description.

<SNIP>

>  I have 225x14 60R tires on the front.

Gee Tom, if you had kept the original 165-15's, ya wouldn't have this
rubbing problem.

In all seriousness, if you are running the original hubs on the front of
that '3, please contact me off list.  I've modified my hubs to rigidize
them.  This minimizes the flexing of the disc brake rotor and keeps it
from pressing the caliper pucks in during hard cornering, such as in
AutoXing.  It's a slick fix used by many of the TR 2-6 vintage racers.
Yes, I realize this has nothing to do with the rubbing you are
experiencing.

Cripes! 225-14x60's.  I hope you are not still using stock hubs.

Later,

Jack - TR's 3 & 8