Re: bad MGB, bad bad

To: "bquietroy" <bquietroy@neo.rr.com>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: bad MGB, bad bad
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 12:49:40 -0000
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Vacuum leak?  What's the condition of the emissions kit?  This has pipes on
the inlet manifold and if that is open to the atmosphere for any reason you
will get a weak mixture, which is what it sounds like you have.  Also if the
plumbing to the float bowl or tank is blocked it can cause fuel problems.
You say you connected the distributor vacuum to the carb instead of the
manifold, the Zenith didn't have a distributor vacuum port AFAIK, but it
does have an EGR valve, crankcase breather, and float chamber overflow port.
If these are not connected to the right places you may well get problems.