RE: Need help with pistons

To: mhartwig@midsouth.rr.com, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Need help with pistons
From: "" <james_nazarian@excite.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 17:49:32 -0500 (EST)
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
 I don't know if there have been any responses to this, but I'd be interested
in hearing any help, as I may be crossing a similar bridge soon. james--- On
From: Michael Hartwig [mailto: mhartwig@midsouth.rr.com]To:
mgb-v8@autox.team.netDate: Sun, 1 Dec 2002 17:43:30 -0600Subject: Need help
with pistonsAnybody have specs for Rover pistons? I'd like to have the
compression heightand dish cc.Now the whole story. 88 RR engine. I had initialy
bought Keith BlackSilvolite pistons (at least I think they are). When it can
time to calculatethe compression ratio. I came up with 7.775. Ugh, I know. I
asked forpistons for a buick at the engine parts warehouse.Here are my
numbers.Piston dish: 14ccCombustion chamber: 34ccHeadgasket. .045" (Felpro
composite)Deck height .067"My brother says that deck height is no good and that
I need to get it lower.So what happened. Did I somehow get 8.13CR Rover
pistions, then with thethicker felpro gasket it took me down to 7.775? I
thought Buicks only camewith 8.8 and 10.5 CR. Do the buick heads have a
different volume?Assuming all my measurements are right, what next. Should I
get some roverpistons?What CR should I go for? 9.35, 9.75? I'd prefer to run 87
octane.Who has the best prices? Rimmerbros has a set of 9.75 for $288 with
rings andpins. RPI $256 with rings only. I wouldn't need the rings, as I have a
niceset of Moly rings already. Any good sources in the states?Mike