Re: Good News & Bad (Engine Questions)

To: Michael Hartwig <mhartwig@midsouth.rr.com>, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Good News & Bad (Engine Questions)
From: Glenn <g_wakefield@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 12:33:21 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
--- Michael Hartwig <mhartwig@midsouth.rr.com> wrote:
> How good is this machine shop?  I'm a little worried
> that they don't know
> what oversize to go to.

I've never used this machine shop, but it comes very
highly recomended from the local British Car Club.  My
neighbor (the technical advisor for the club) has all
of his engines rebuilt there.  I'd put his
restorations up against most anyones, so I'm fairly
confident that they are decent if he uses them.

They just told me that it needed to be rebored.  They
haven't measured it yet.

> If he's any good, he should be able to find guides
> for it.  Mine did, they
> were from another vehicle, but he was able to
> machine them to fit.

Good suggestion.

> I ordered some of my parts from RPI.  They have
> Vandervell (sp?) bearings

RPI has all the parts I need, but am concerned about
shipping to the US.  How long and how much did you pay
for shipping?

> Have you tried Rover's North for the other parts?

I'll look at Rover North if one of "our" vendors can't
help.  I'd rather support one of "us" before going
"outside".

Thanks,

Glenn
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com