Re: Headers

To: Jeffrey Howell <howellmail@worldnet.att.net>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Headers
From: Ron Howard <DigiFX@coastalnet.com>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 09:37:45 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Jeffery....I have the block hugging headers on a 215 in my '74 BGT. As for
whether or not they touch the steering shaft, I'd say depends a lot on where
exactly your motor sets. I used the stock B transmission (w/OD) mounted in
it's original position. In this case, I had to re-engineer the steering
shaft significantly...relocating the steering rack, adding a u-joint,
replacing the existing u-joint with a smaller one (from later B), shifting
the hole through the bulkhead, and even rebent the steering arms to
accomodate the relocated rack....a huge amount of work, but I have an entire
1/8" of clearance(!) the steering is tight and the handling excellent.
Octagonally....Ron Howard
http://www2.coastalnet.com/~d2u7n5mh/74MGBGT_V8