Rover 3.9 Rebuild

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Rover 3.9 Rebuild
From: Glenn <g_wakefield@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 17:16:14 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I finally had time to get the Rover 3.9 disassembled
enough to take it to the engine shop.

I'm planning on re-using my Buick 300 timing cover,
water pump, and the Buick 215 distributor.  These seem
to fit up just fine on the Rover block.

However, the Rover 3.9 did not have an oil slinger?
Shiny silver disk located between the timing chain and
the front cover.  I've got the one from the Buick 215.
 Do I need the thing on the Rover?

My body guy has finally gotten around to starting the
paint job.  I'm going back to Maine on Memorial Day
weekend to pick it up.  He's slow, but he's decent,
and very cheap (let's hope).

Hopefully, it will be back on the road in very early
June.

Thanks for the help.

Glenn
http://health.yahoo.com