Rover 3.9 Rebuild ?

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Rover 3.9 Rebuild ?
From: Glenn <g_wakefield@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 10:33:04 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I'm about to take my Rover 3.9 to the local engine
shop that is recomended by the tech manager of our
local MG club.

Details and questions are below:

1. 89 Range Rover 3.9L engine.  Engine had 89k and ran
fine when the vehicle was rolled.
2.  I plan on using the following components I saved
from my 215.
  a.  Buick 4 barrell manifold and Edelbrock 500 carb.
  b.  Buick front timing cover
  c.  Buick water pump
  d.  Buick distributor
  e.  Buick oil pan - The Rover pan is very rusty or I
would use that as it has baffles
  f.  Buick harmonic balancer and all buick pulleys
  g.  Buick starter?
  h.  Buick flywheel
  i.  Buick oil pump, swiver adapter, etc.

I plan on having the shop:
  a.  New Crane mild street cam and new lifters
  b.  New timing chain set
  c.  New gasket set
  d.  Hot tank everything
  e.  Hone cylinders and new rings
  f.  Inspect valves and guides and recommend whether
or not they warrant a freshening up
  g.  New main bearings

Anyone see anything I'm missing in the rebuild or
problems using these 215 components on the 3.9 engine?

Thanks,

Glenn
http://taxes.yahoo.com/