RE: mgb-v8@autox.team.net

To: "'bret duff'" <bretduff@earthlink.net>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 08:00:02 -0700
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Bret, I'm no expert when it comes to V6s, smog, or California law. But
here goes ...

Sell the 78, and buy a car that is California smog exempt then do the
conversion.  I think in California that means 1974 or earlier.

You'll save yourself grief and money doing this.

If you use a 83-92 donor engine for your 1978 MGB you'll have to meet
93-92 smog laws.  ALL components from the donor car must be installed in
the MGB and must be CARB approved.  This is a big process and very
expensive.  You'll have to submit the car to the CARB referee (smog cop)
before it can be driven.

Any California experts out there?

Good luck.

Larry Hoy